Here is a list of my favorite and most used tools for crafting, DIY projects and making pretty things. Once in awhile I will treat myself to special paint or nice paper, but these are my tried and true tools.
1. Hot Glue Gun – such a marvelous invention. I have a few sizes, but seem to use Ad Tech Mini Glue Gun the most.
2. iPhone - I don’t have a fancy camera, but I have an iPhone. I use my phone for everything. For Paper & Fox it is a key tool for photo editing, files, blogs and learning.
3. Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Spray Paint - If you follow this blog, then you know that I will not hesitate to spray paint anything. This is my go to brand for painting furniture, plastic or even paper.
4. Scissors – I purchased these scissors a for my first sewing class ages ago. They were not cheap so, I keep them hidden from my family members in a secret little box. These scissors cut fabric like a champ and need to be respected.
5. Notebook – I keep this notebook with me at all times. I have ideas for art, articles and notes all scribbled down inside the notebook. Apps and technology are great tools, but nothing beats good a old fashion pen and paper.
6. Sharpies - I get sooo excited to use fresh a sharpie. Multi-colored Sharpies… don’t get me started. You can draw, design, create just about anything with this little marker. Thank you Sanford Ink Company for inventing the Sharpie.
7. Sewing Machine- I have a basic Singer sewing machine. I have had it for 11 years and it gets the job done. Before kids, I did a lot more sewing, but now I manly use it for small projects. Lately, I have been really into sewing paper.
8. Mod Podge- What’s not to love? I use Mod Podge as a tool for crafting, gifts, art and jewelry. It is cheap and pure brilliance for a DIYer.
All of these tools are relativity affordable and easy to find. I use most of these items on a daily basis. I probably rely on the iPhone and notebook the most. If I leave the house without one of those items, I feel a little panicked. Those are always the days that I come up with a project idea I that I should write down, but forget.
If you are interested in me writing for you, please contact me at email@example.com