I think that you should be allowed to eat cake all day long on your birthday…especially if you are turning 6. My son, Knox, turned six years old today and to celebrate I whipped up the most amazing breakfast. How can you not love the combination of funfetti cake mix and pancakes?
Birthday Funfetti Pancakes
• 1⅓ cup white flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 box Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix
• ⅓ cup canola oil
• 3 eggs
• 2 cups milk
• Whipped topping (optional)
Instructions for Funfetti Pancakes
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cake mix. Set aside. In another small bowl, mix together the oil, eggs and milk. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Batter will be thick.
2. Heat a griddle to about 275 degrees. Spray the griddle with cooking spray. Ladle the pancake batter onto the hot pan and cook the pancakes for about 2 minutes on each side.
3. This recipes makes a lot of pancakes. All mine come out different sizes so I can’t give you an exact amount.
4. Add whipped topping of your choice or maple syrup and some sprinkles for good measure.
Ya’ll these are good… a little too good.